2 tbs good-quality low-fat mayonnaise
1 tbs low-fat Greek yoghurt
1/4 cup (60ml) tomato sauce (ketchup)
1 tbs lemon juice, plus lemon wedges to serve
1/2 iceberg lettuce
18 round wafer crispbreads (we used Falwasser crispbreads – see note)
18 small cooked prawns, peeled, deveined
18 flat-leaf parsley leaves
Step 1: For the cocktail sauce, whisk together mayonnaise, yoghurt, tomato sauce, lemon juice and some sea salt and freshly ground black pepper in a bowl. Taste and adjust to your liking. Set aside.
Step 2: Take the greenest leaves from the iceberg lettuce, roll them up and thinly slice into shreds.
Step 3: To serve, top each crispbread with a tiny smear of cocktail sauce, a good pinch of shredded lettuce and a prawn. Drizzle with remaining cocktail sauce, top with a parsley leaf and serve with lemon wedges.
- Shrimp Cocktail with Mexican Cocktail Sauce in Avocados (cookthestory.com)
- How to make the ultimate prawn cocktail (metro.co.uk)
- Healthy summer lunch-prawn cocktail (paigehsm.wordpress.com)
- Shrimp w/ Sriracha Cocktail Sauce (simplybittenkitchen.net)
- The Perfect Prawn Cocktail (lukehoney.typepad.com)
- Prawn Rissoles (joanismeza.wordpress.com)