1 tbsp olive oil
Knob of butter
1 small onion
2 courgettes, finely chopped
4 tbsp white wine
2 tbsp parsley, chopped
1 tsp thyme, chopped
4 sprigs fresh tarragon
2 whole salmon fillets
Salt and black pepper
Sprigs of tarragon
Sprigs of lemon thyme
3 fennel bulbs, trimmed and quartered
1kg (2¼lb) baby new potatoes
400g (14oz) small carrots, peeled and halved
6 tbsp olive oil
Heat the oil and the butter in a pan and cook the onions for 3-4 minutes. Add the courgettes and cook for 4-5 minutes. Turn up the heat, add the wine and cook until the liquid evaporates. Season. Allow to cool.
Stir in the chopped herbs. Set to one side.
Wash and dry the salmon fillets and remove any stray bones.
Place one fillet, skin-side down on the work surface. Season, and then heap the stuffing over the fillet and place the second fillet, skin-side up, on top.
Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
Add the fennel to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes. Remove the fennel and set the pan aside. Add the potatoes and carrots and cook for 5 minutes. Drain.
Place a single layer of fennel, potatoes and carrots in a large roasting tin. Add 5 tablespoons of the oil to the veg and squeeze in the juice of half a lemon. Season.
Preheat the oven to 200˚C390˚Fgas mark 6. Roast the veg for 10 minutes, stirring once. Drizzle the fish with the oil and place the fish on top of the veg. Squeeze the second half of the cut lemon over the fish. Stir the veg to coat in the oil. Roast for 50 minutes, basting the fish once or twice, or until the fish is just cooked at the centre. Serve the fish on a bed of roasted vegetables.
- Eat Fit Not Fat- Nine Finger Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon (2fatnerds.com)
- Cedar Plank Salmon – Perfect for Summer! (downtown3rd.wordpress.com)
- Reel in a summer meal: Tackle your fear of grilling seafood (bangordailynews.com)
- Salmon and Wedges: July 2nd (th8mas127.wordpress.com)
- Roasted courgette and feta, Greek inspired potato salad. 13p. (agirlcalledjack.com)
- Stuffed Chicken Breast with Roasted Vegetables (fastfitandfree.wordpress.com)